Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesday Night = Date Night // Buonissimo

Several years ago I was planning a summer trip to Italy with my family. In order to make the most of our trip my husband and I decided to brush up on our Italian. The community education classes were on Tuesday nights so we wrangled up a babysitter and went to our first lesson. After the six-week sessions were finito, Italian classes morphed into date night.  That was almost four years ago. Date night is still going strong!

If you have children but do not have "Date Night" I encourage you to get going now. Date night is essential for couples. I look forward to Tuesday nights because I know that I'll get to unwind with my darling husband and get a break from making dinner, putting kids to bed...

You wouldn't believe how many times I get the "I wish we had a date night" reaction when I mention date night. Guess what, you can have date night too. It's easy - just follow these simple steps.
  1. Pick a night. Try to choose a night that naturally doesn't have many conflicts.
  2. Find a reliable babysitter who is available on the night you've selected.
  3. Get ready to have fun!
We like to take turns planning our date nights. If there's a new restaurant in town we'd like to try, a band we'd like to hear, a class we'd like to take...we go for it. Keep in mind that if you're on a budget there are all kinds of thrifty date ideas.


Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Good idea! My husband and I have a date night too. Highly recommended!

    ReplyDelete